Google Maps is an app that offers satellite imagery, aerial photography, street maps, 360° panoramic views of streets, real-time traffic conditions, and route plan for traveling by foot, car, bicycle and air, or public transportation.
Assuming you are going to a remote area with no phone service or you don’t want to use your data plan on the way. You need to save the route map to that area offline and this is how to do just that:
Saving google route map offline on Android.
There are two methods of saving maps offline on androids:
- First open the google maps app, next tap on the hamburger menu.
- Select offline maps.
- Hit select your own map and choose desired location.
- Pinch to zoom in or out making the area smaller or larger once the desired size is gotten.
- Select the download .
- First open the Google Maps.
- Type in your desired location in the bar at the top of the map.
- Hit the mic at the side of the bar and say “Ok maps”.It then pops up the location’s map.
- Pinch to zoom in or out to make areas smaller or larger then once the desired size is gotten,
- Download. Your map will then be saved offline.
Saving Google Map routes offline via PC
- Open your PC setting app, go to system.
- Tap offline maps and set the storage location.
- Scroll to metered connection and make sure its turned off (this downloads with WiFi or data).
- Download Maps.