How do you minimize data usage?
Mobiles have been a very large consumer of data in uploads and downloads of a variety of apps and resources. If not being noticed, it will be quite hard to monitor the amount of your data being used up. But no worries, you can have control over how your phone takes routine on your data management.
How to monitor your data usage?
You can check how much data has been absorbed since it is being recorded, and this helps you know how to manage how it is being runned to a particular point you want.
- Head to Settings.
- Tap on Data Usage/Monitor
This shows the breakdown of how your data has been used, the view displayed in the diagram shows how much data usage has been occupied during a period of 30 days.
- Select set Data/Cellular limit, as this will allow you to set the required amount of data you want to use.
- Input the amount you desire.
- Select Ok.
- Select set.
How do you limit app data usage?
You can also restrict how much data your apps consume and be at ease. Some of these apps do run automatically with the data when it is active. This will be explained further, following these steps will keep much use of your data usage less without being at loss.
- Go to Settings.
- Tap on Data monitor/usage.
- Tap on App usage, this shows the list of apps, or if app usage is not shown, it still tends to show the list of apps after tapping on the second step above.
- Tap on the app you want to limit on, will illustrate further with an example.
If you tap on Facebook, a page is opened where you see the foreground and background. The foreground uses data on the app when your data is running, while the background shows the data at the background when the data is not on.
- Restrict the background data by turning it off, but if your Data Saver is on, you don’t have to worry about turning it off, as this will prevent the background data from running and keep your data monitored.
How do you manage your data?
- Take out unnecessary apps that consume your data.
- Ensure you have a good operating browser.
- Turn off your mobile when not in use.
- Create a time saving boundary of how you stream online.
- Disable ads on browsers.
- Restrict the usage of data for all apps.
With these you can safely have the control over how you want to get your desired management in your data.
Feel free to comment or give suggestions or any problems you face below.