How to protect your websites from hackers
How would you feel if you woke up one morning and your website had been hacked? Surely, not pleased! However websites are compromised by hackers who exploit known vulnerabilities (weak passwords, outdated plugins and themes).
Who is responsible for your web security? You are!
Luckily for you, website doesn’t have to be the mercy of hackers, here are various methods of ensuring the security of your website:
- Perform automated backups.
- Use strong passwords.
- Keep your website software updated: you can do this by Googling latest WordPress version or plug-in.
- Switch to HTTPS or SSL: setting up a web application firewall or WAF helps monitor the traffic, malicious threat and eliminating them.
- Keep your server clean: delete unused versions of WordPress on the server.
- Watch out for SQL injection.
- Beware of error messages: provide only minimal errors to your users to ensure they don’t leak secrets present on your server.
- Validate on both your browser and server.
- Allowing users to upload files to your website can be a big security risk.
In addition,an expert web developer can always fix an hacked website but it will be easier to retrieve your website if you backed up your data, I sure hope you did.