To find certain answers to questions you want to know about, open your web browser, use any Search engine of your choice.
Examples: Google, Ask.com Yahoo, Yandex, Bing.
Here are pointers on how to go about it:
- Use Quotation marks: You can put in the particular word within the context of the quotation mark. This prompts the search engine to release exact results related to that word.
Example: Searching for the word Manager produces results on different areas or definitions regarding manager, managing, management, etc.
Typing manager in quotation marks helps to find the exact word, i.e “Manager”.
- Use Number range: This helps you get an item you are searching for within the amount you specified.
Example: If you want to know the price of an android phone within $100 and $200. Put it in this format:
Android phone 100$…200$.
If you want to know the particular year an event took place.
Example: Evolutionary theory 1987…2000.
The OR operator: If you don’t know which item you are specific about,
you can use the OR operator.
This helps you search the item related to the 2 collections you are searching on.
Example: Dog OR car, Red OR blue.
Dog OR Car.
- Searching for Title or headings: To find a particular title/heading for articles, songs, movies etc. Use this format:
Example: intitle:I am a winner.
Ensure that there is no space between the colon and the text.
- Use negative operator: If you search for a word on News, there are different criteria on; Sports, entertainment, politics, healthtalk etc.
You can decide not to search for news related to
sports, entertainment, which can be typed in this format:
Example: News -sports, -entertainment.
News -health, -politics.
- Be specific with keywords: Be clear about the word you want to search for.
- Make use of Online libraries: This platform can allow you find a subject you want to explore.
- Ensure you cite the origin or source of the website properly for where you want to search on.
I hope you find this helpful, feel free to place down your comments, suggestions or issues if you have any.