The How Do You Tech Community is a place that allows individuals to ask questions, answer questions, learn and share useful information, and find valuable resources relating to the problems and challenges in tech we experience on the African continent. However, we reserve the right to prevent the publication of certain topics/items that are considered not appropriate for the community.
When you participate in the community, it is important that you follow our guidelines. If we think a certain topic/post is inappropriate, we will take necessary measures to remove it and possibly restrict any future posting by the member.
No selling leads please, let us keep it civil, we are not running a marketplace. This means you are not allowed to use the forum to sell your products or services. No matter the length of any post, if any selling lead comprises of a small part of that post, it will be deleted. If the same or similar leads are posted repeatedly, they will be treated as spam.
- User content can’t infringe upon copyrights and intellectual properties.
- User content can’t contain personal attacks or hostile comments.
- User content is strictly for informational and educational purposes only and does not provide legal advice. You should consult with your own lawyer if you have questions.
- Succinctly, no selling information is allowed in the discussion community.
- User content should not be used to resolve interpersonal disputes or alleged fraud amongst members. Any complaints or claims of wrongdoing are not allowed in the public areas of the Forum, even if they are well intentioned.
- Users should not engage in political or religious discussions except they are answering a question within our tech framework.
- User content may be moved to a more appropriate category without notice.
- We may amend the community guidelines at any time without prior notice. By continuing to use the community, you agree that the amended guidelines will apply to you. How Do You Tech reserves the right to close any community thread for any reason.
- User content can be in English or a localised language on the African continent so it can be well received and properly monitored.
- Any content posted on the community becomes part of this community and each user grants an irrevocable, perpetual license to How Do You Tech to display and use such information, no matter whether the user ceases using the community service of their own free will or otherwise.
Violating community policies may result in suspension of community usage or other privileges and or account termination.
Things You Can Do in the Community
- Be considerate and courteous.
- Be respectful of other members’ privacy.
- Treat others the way you want to be treated.
- Keep messages on-topic and post on relevant category.
- Cite the source of your information when copying from other mediums.
- Watch what you say as you are responsible for what you write. Answers expressed in the forums are NOT endorsed by How Do You Tech
Things You Shouldn’t Do in the Community
- Don’t post advertisements for any purpose, including but not limited to commercial, personal, and nonprofit, etc. If you are unsure whether or not a posting constitutes an advertisement, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org before posting.
- Don’t post real-life personal information such as phone number, physical address, email address, website address, instant messenger IDs, etc.
- Don’t cross post (posting the same info in two or more locations).
- Don’t be hostile, use profanity, or post inappropriate material.
- Don’t make slanderous statements or any comments that might violate someone’s privacy.
- Don’t post in ALL CAPS.
If you witness unacceptable behaviour, tag a moderator or email us right-away at email@example.com and we will attend to it immediately!