I will teach you how to build and manage a functional website for your business.
Who is this workshop for?
- If you really want a website but you cannot afford to pay for it right now.
- You are looking to have a side hustle that pays while you work your current job.
- You don’t have a job, and you want to learn a skill that will come in handy in the future.
- No experience is required. As long as you can use a computer you will be able to build a great looking functional website with WordPress.
Think about it? A client is looking for an hairdressing salon or food caterer or social media manager on google.
He or she finds five listings close to their location. Only one of the listings has a link to its own website.
Where do you think they would click first?
Definitely, the listing that has a website where they can find useful information. That visitor is going to go “one click further” and click on that caterer’s website.
So why won’t you get a website? Is it too expensive? Or you don’t know how a website works?
Let me help you!
Are you ready to build your website?
What you will learn!
- You will know how to choose a memorable domain name for your website
- You will know what website hosting is and how it works
- You will know how to build your website using themes and plugins
- You will be able to manage, update and improve your website
- You will be able to manage your website content
- You will be able to integrate social media content into your website
- You will know how to promote your website
- You will understand how search engine optimisation (SEO) works
- You will know how to make your site accessible
- You will know how to manage comments on your website
- You will know how to use plugins and widgets to add functionality to your website
About Your Instructor!
Mary Job is a divergent technology enthusiast with 16 years’ experience in the ICT industry, more than half of it she spent roaming the world wide web as a freelance writer and virtual assistant until WordPress saved her 6 years ago by giving her a voice she uses freely on her blog.
She has spent the last 4 years building websites and teaching about using WordPress as a tool for self-empowerment. She currently oversees the day-to-day operations of How Do You Tech (HDYTech).