How to enable Find My Device on your phone
In newer Android phones, a shortcut to the Find My Device service is already located conveniently in your Settings app, but you might still need to download Find My Device from the Google Play Store to get it set up. This locating service has essentially amalgamated with Google to make finding your phone easier. There are just a couple of things you’ll need to activate.
- Launch Settings.
- Tap Security & lock screen.
- Tap Device administrators.
- Tap Find My Device so that a check mark appears in the checkbox.
- Tap the back button in the top left corner of your screen.
- Tap the back button again in the top left corner to return to the main Settings menu.
- Tap Location in the main Settings menu.
- Tap the switch beside Location at the top of the screen so that it turns on.
- Tap Mode.
- Tap High accuracy so the circle is filled in.
- Tap the back button in the top left corner.
- Tap Google Location History.
- Tap the switch beneath Location History so that it turns on.
- Tap the switch beside your device so that it turns on.