Old Samsung Galaxy devices with Home button
These instructions are applicable to almost all Samsung manufactured devices except the newer flagships without a home button. If you feel that your Samsung Device follows different criteria, mention it in comments and we shall update it in our article.
- ODIN/Download mode: Power off the device. Press and hold Volume Down, Homeand Power keys altogether.
- Recovery mode: Power off the device. Press and hold Volume Up, Home and Power buttons altogether.
New Samsung Galaxy devices with Bixby button
Not a lot has changed in terms of the button combination over the years. The Bixby button simply replaces the home button in the above button combinations.
- ODIN/Download mode: Power off the device. Press and holdVolume Down, Bixbyand Power keys simultaneously. Release the keys when you see a blue screen and press the Volume Up button to continue to boot into Download mode.
- Recovery mode: Power off the device. Press and hold Volume Up, Bixby, and Power buttons simultaneously. When you see the Android logo on screen with a yellow triangle and exclamation mark, just tap on the screen to enter recovery mode.
New Samsung Galaxy devices with no Home & Bixby buttons
- ODIN/Download mode: Turn off your device. You can do so by holding the Volume Down + Volume Up + Power keys simultaneously for a few seconds. Release the keys when you get a screen with an exclamation sign. Press the Volume Up button to enter the Download Mode.
Recovery mode: Press and hold the Volume Up + Volume Down + Power buttons at the same time. As soon as the screen turns off, release the Volume Down button and keep Volume Up + Power buttons pressed. Keep both the keys pressed until your device enters the recovery mode.